UNILAG Yay!! Little Advice for New Students: PART 1
Getting into UNILAG is great ( dream come true) and for your freedom isn't it, no more mummy and daddy on your neck, you can do whatever you want ( not really ) and I know you want to visit all the cool hangout spots in UNILAG such as:
- Korede Spaghetti
- Sports Center etc.
But it's not all fun let's not get carried away, because trust me for a new student you can easily get carried away with all the fun activities, UNILAG is also a serious University academically and with serious competition, so also remember we have spots for you to take your book to read if you're not such a big fan of the Library here are some stops:
- Love garden ( Faculty of Arts)
- GTB garden
- You can check out more places in ( places to visit in Unilag)
Here are some tips to surviving academically, to stay top on chart and not get into trouble in your first year,
- Attendance is VERY COMPULSORY and they carry 60% of your Mark
- Always do your assignments on time!!
- Read ahead of classes, do not misplace your brochure!
- Always have full scarp papers in your handbag
- Get all necessary textbooks
- Don't be rude to lecturers
- Keep quiet when necessary
- Respond to questions in class ( don't be shy )
- Sit in front of the class to see the board clearly
- Don't talk in classes
With these few tips you should survive academically, how can you survive socially and not get into trouble stay tuned for part 2.....